Just placed my order for the Mac at the Apple Store. Here’s what I ordered:
- iMac 20″ Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz (Big screen for watching movies on!)
- 250GB hard drive (I struggle to fill my current 40GB drive with stuff, and the 500GB ones are noisier apparently)
- 256MB video RAM (games are gonna require it in a year or two)
- 1GB RAM (1x1GB stick) – figured I’d get a second stick elsewhere and save my $$$!
- Oh and AppleCare. Just in case the thing blows up 12 months and 1 day after I bought it.
It’s going to take a little over 2 weeks to turn up. I was a bit irritated that the store implies “5-7 business days” but then they sneakily add on 2-4 delivery days at the time you place your order. Ah well. Maybe it’ll arrive a bit sooner!
Now I’m playing the waiting game…