To celebrate the 1st anniversary of the App Store – launched on 11 July last year – the folks at Apple have come up with a list of their top iPhone apps and games. Interesting to see which apps they enjoy using themselves.
I have a few of my own favourite apps to add:
- Stanza (ebook reader: my most heavily-used app)
- Galcon Lite (fast-paced space strategy game – still a classic)
- Tangram Pro (puzzle game)
- Frotz (interactive fiction engine)
- TyroTuner (does a great job of helping you tune a guitar through the iPhone’s mic – looks great too)
- Wolfenstein 3D Classic (A great port of the original considering the limitations of the iPhone’s small touch-screen)
- BOMRadar (Aussie weather radar app – perfect for seeing where the rain is!)
- Twinkle (location-aware Twitter client)
What are your favourite App Store apps and games?